How We Could End Violence In One Day
It all has to do with you, and your behavior. Your reactions to others in your everyday life.
Make today a new day. Use it as a day to begin again. Greet others with a smile, and a friendly "Hello". Show everyone you meet in your day respect, no matter what kind of person it is. They are a person, not a group, or a stereotype. Be kind, and see what kind of response you get. It may not work every time, but that is not a reflection of you, it is another person who also must change. Don't make everything about you, and you will drastically improve your life.
Never do illegal drugs, or abuse alcohol. Both will lead to violence. Illegal drugs support the drug cartels, and alcohol is a factor in 40% of all violent crimes today.
Never lie, cheat, or steal. Never listen to those with negative thoughts. Never listen to those who tell you you cannot succeed because of someone, or something else. That is pretty easy, so if it has been a part of your everyday life, you may wish to remember the rules of Karma:
2. THE LAW OF CREATION - Life doesn't just HAPPEN, it requires our participation. - We are one with the Universe, both inside and out. Whatever surrounds us gives us clues to our inner state. BE yourself, and surround yourself with what you want to have present in your Life.
3. THE LAW OF HUMILITY - What you refuse to accept, will continue for you. If what we see is an enemy, or someone with a character trait that we find to be negative, then we ourselves are not focused on a higher level of existence.
4. THE LAW OF GROWTH - "Wherever you go, there you are". For us to GROW in Spirit, it is we who must change - and not the people, places or things around us. - The only given we have in our lives is OURSELVES and that is the only factor we have control over. When we change who and what we are within our heart our life follows suit and changes too.
5. THE LAW OF RESPONSIBILITY - Whenever there is something wrong in my life, there is something wrong in me. We mirror what surrounds us and what surrounds us mirrors us; this is a Universal Truth. - We must take responsibility what is in our life.
6. THE LAW OF CONNECTION - Even if something we do seems inconsequential, it is very important that it gets done as everything in the Universe is connected. Each step leads to the next step, and so forth and so on. Someone must do the initial work to get a job done. Neither the first step nor the last are of greater significance, As they were both needed to accomplish the task. - Past-Present-Future they are all connected...
7. THE LAW OF FOCUS - You can not think of two things at the same time. When our focus is on Spiritual Values, it is impossible for us to have lower thoughts such as greed or anger.
8. THE LAW OF GIVING AND HOSPITALITY - If you believe something to be true,then sometime in your life you will be called upon to demonstrate that particular truth. - Here is where we put what we CLAIM that we have learned, into actual PRACTICE.
9. THE LAW OF HERE AND NOW - Looking backward to examine what was, prevents us from being totally in the HERE AND NOW. - Old thoughts, old patterns of behavior, old dreams... - Prevent us from having new ones.
10. THE LAW OF CHANGE - History repeats itself until we learn the lessons that we need to change our path.
11. THE LAW OF PATIENCE AND REWARD - All Rewards require initial toil. - Rewards of lasting value require patient and persistent toil. - True joy follows doing what we're suppose to be doing, and waiting for the reward to come in on its own time.
12. THE LAW OF SIGNIFICANCE AND INSPIRATION - You get back from something whatever YOU have put into it. - The true value of something is a direct result of the energy and intent that is put into it. Every personal contribution is also a contribution to the Whole. - Lack luster contributions have no impact on the Whole, nor do they work to diminish it.