Thursday, March 19, 2015

True UVA Justice...wait for it.


Did you ever think that you saw something, then changed your mind, or dismissed it for no other reason than you didn't want to think about it. I don't do that. I like to find out things as they happen, or when I hear about them. I like to get to the truth of the matter, and figure out "why". It makes me a happier person if I can find out the reasons for the occurrences of things, because if you understand them, you may change your reaction to them. Personally I think more people should be like this. They should take time to step out of their body, and independently examine events. I think it would make this world a much more hospitable, and fun place, but sometimes people are just bent on drama, or making time for their 15 minutes... By the end of the day, ask yourself:
* "Did I take personal responsibility for my actions, and their outcome?"
* "Did I make the world a better place?"
* "Will I be a better person in the morning?"
Sometimes we get the answer that we were expecting, and sometimes not, but shouldn't it always be the truth that we are looking for? #JusticeforMarteseJohnson or just plain #Justice
I think it is important to remember that each happening in life is always different, and so is each individual.


How do I think some of these cases should have turned out???
It is, of course, strictly from a bystander perspective of being on the outside looking in, but I will put forth my humble opinion.
1: Trayvon Martin,
On the night of February 26, 2012, in Sanford, Florida, United States, 28 year old George Zimmerman fatally shot Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student.
I would have brought fourth some type of charge(s).
2: Michael Brown
The  shooting of Michael Brown occurred on August 9, 2014, in Ferguson, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. Brown, an 18-year-old, was fatally shot by Darren Wilson, 28, Ferguson police officer.
I would have found the officer not guilty.
3: Eric Garner,
On July 17, 2014, Eric Garner died in Staten Island, New York City, after a police officer put him in a chokehold for 15 seconds.
I would have brought fourth some type of charge(s).
4: Tamir Rice,
The shooting of Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old boy, occurred on November 22, 2014, in Cleveland, Ohio. Two police officers, 26-year-old Timothy Loehmann and 46-year-old Frank Garmback, responded after receiving a police dispatch call "of a male sitting on a swing and pointing a gun at people" in a city park. A caller reported that a male, was pointing "a pistol" at random people in the Cudell Recreation Center. The caller stated twice that the gun was "probably fake". 
I would have brought fourth some type of charge(s).
There you have it. I welcome your comments as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment